after trying and evaluating several programs to write LaTeX files I ended up frustrated with the idea to write my own one. Before I started I thought about what I would like to achieve and one major priority is the cross platform support and a fast and efficient way to complete my work.
With the aim to complete my PhD thesis with it I wrote a plugin for Sublime Text 2. Sublime Text is available on Windows, Macintosh, and Linux and so a good framework to work with. After playing around with the available LaTeXTools for ST2 I started to improve it but after a while I realized I wrote so much from scratch and added so many new functions that I basically created a brand new plug-in.
- Full project support
- Smart fill of the following core commands: include, input, includegraphics, cite, bibliography.
- Forward and Reverse search by using the synctec function.
- "Goto Symbol" support, jump to any part, chapter, section, paragraph, label, input, include, sub-files, bibliography, or LaTeXing option in your LaTeX file.
- User defined temp directory and possibility to clean a build.
- TeX Live and MiKTeX support.
- Search for package documentation using
texdoccommando line tool if available.
- Count your words by using
texcountcommando line tool if available.
- Internet thesauruses and dictionaries for selected words, for example via Dictionary.com, Pons.eu, or Thesaurus.com
- Bibsonomy.com support for references; import single reference, multiple references by tag, or all missing reference keys.
- Support of the following packages: subfiles, cleveref, acronym, currfile.
- Support of .cwl files provided by the separate LaTeX-cwl extension https://github.com/Chris---/latex-cwl.
- Dynamic load of commands for included packages.
- Smart creation of labels for parts, chapters, sections, paragraphs, figures, and tables.
- Windows and Mac OS X (Linux Version will be released eventually later, need some tester).
- many more …
Now I am at a position where I could need some beta testers to improve the software even more and eventual add new features. Please sent me a PM if you are interested.
You can also give me some feedback here to the feature list below; what do you think?